UNM Parent Association Scholarship
Fall 2019 - Spring 2020 Scholarship
Over the years, this scholarship program has helped over 80 students, funding over $80,000.
To be eligible to apply, you must meet the criteria listed below and complete the 2019-2020 application form
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Minimum of a UNM 2.75 cumulative grade point average
- Undergraduates: Must be enrolled full time 12 credit hours or more, a sophomore, junior or senior during award year with at least two full-time semesters remaining until graduation
- Graduates: Must be enrolled full time, 9 credit hours or more or 6 hours in conjunction with an assistantship, Masters or Doctoral student with at least two full-time semesters remaining until graduation. Continuing graduate students and new graduate students who are continuing on from their UNM undergraduate degree the previous semester are eligible.
- Demonstrated financial need
- Demonstrated community service, awards and/or recognition
- Volunteering at a Parent Association event within the academic year
Required Documents for Scholarship Packet
- Parent Association Scholarship Application Form
- An essay describing your financial need along with your community or academic involvement. In at least 250 words, describe your involvement with a student project/community service/student organization you are passionate about and how it enriches your UNM college experience.
- Experience resume: list of extracurricular activities, community service/involvement, student organizations, experience, skills, awards, etc.
- Unofficial UNM Transcript
- UNM Financial Aid Award Package for the 2018-2019 academic year
Complete application packets received by May 3, 2019, will be considered. Incomplete packets will be disqualified. Mailed applications must be received by May 3. They may be dropped off between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at the Dean of Students Office, located in the University Advisement & Enrichment Center, room 281 or mailed to:
Dean of Students Office
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131