UNM Parent Association Scholarship
The UNM Parent Association is pleased to announce the 2016/2017 Scholarship Program! We are committed to helping students achieve their educational goals. Offering financial support is one of the many ways we accomplish this.
Over the years, this scholarship program has helped over 80 students, funding over $80,000.
To be eligible to apply, you must meet the criteria listed below.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Minimum of a UNM 2.75 cumulative grade point average
- Undergraduates: Must be enrolled full time 12 credit hours or more, a sophomore, junior or senior during award year with at least two full time semesters remaining until graduation
- Graduates: Must be enrolled full time, 9 credit hours or more or 6 hours in conjunction with an assistantship, Master’s or Doctoral student with at least two full time semesters remaining until graduation. Continuing graduate students and new graduate students who are continuing on from their UNM undergraduate degree the previous semester are eligible.
- List Community and/or extracurricular involvement
- Awards and/or Recognition
- Scholarship Awardee will be required to volunteer at a Parent Association event within the academic year
Required Documents for Scholarship Packet
- Parent Association Scholarship Application Form
- An essay describing the reasons you are applying for this scholarship. In at least 250 words, describe how this scholarship will help you achieve academic success
- Recommendation letter from one of your UNM professors or from a representative from your community and/or volunteer extracurricular involvement
- Demonstrated involvement in community service